DIY Home Spa Day Tips and Ideas
Hello friends and beautiful mamas! Can I just say that I am SO EXCITED to be sharing this with you?! With Mother’s Day coming up, (but let’s be honest–who needs a reason or holiday for this??) this is the PERFECT time to introduce some DIY home spa day tips and ideas!
I’m going to be sharing some ideas from Skin Balm Apothecary.
If you aren’t familiar with Skin Balm Apothecary and you love natural, earth-friendly products and self-care essentials, I urge you…
Go. Check. It. Out.
To give you a tiny bit of background, Chelsea, the CEO of SBA, is an educated, conscientious, and BEAUTIFUL herbalist with background and knowledge.
She creates her own products–and they are made with integrity, respect and love!
Okay, now that you have some knowledge about the source of these products, let’s talk about some fun and amazing DIY Home Spa Day Tips and Ideas!
This post contains affiliate links, which means I’ll earn a commission via your click through or purchases at no extra cost to you.
DIY Home Spa Day Tips and Ideas
I’m already having so much fun!
Let’s talk about your beautiful face!
1: Ground Coffee Face Mask
Yes. You heard me correctly! Seriously! We already know coffee is a little bit of morning heaven in a cup, but it’s also beautifying! I’m going to share SBA’s instructions below and a DIY video.
I will also link the mentioned products by SBA for you too!
Coffee Mask Instructions By SBA:
You can do this once a week. If you have oily skin you may be able to get away with 2 times a week, but see how your skin acts first with one application.
When used right, this simple DIY can help remove dead skin off the top layer of your face.
It is so important though that you grind up the coffee beans EXTREMELY fine. Most store bought facial scrubs are way too abrasive for the skin, causing tiny tears in the skin and therefore causing more damage than good.
What to do:
- Grind up some organic coffee beans REALLY FINE. You can use grounds that have been used, but fresh will give you more antioxidant properties. Grounds that you use for your coffee are usually not fine enough.
- Use the Clarifying Cleanser to wash your face.
- Use about one teaspoon of finely ground coffee beans, and gently massage it all over your the face. See video above.
- Let the grounds sit on your face for 3-5 mins.
- Wash grounds off with SBA’s Clarifying Cleanser. When you wash it off, it is important you are using a organic, natural, gentle cleanser. Your skin will be open and ready to receive whatever you put on it.
- Lastly, follow up with your Balancing Toner Mist, either one of our serums, and the Repair Cream if your skin needs some extra moisture during these dry months.
2: DIY Berry Mask
This one is crazy simple, but oh so good for your beautiful skin!
As Chelsea says, a good berry mask is full of vitamins and all the good stuff. You can use fresh or thawed frozen berries.
What To Do
- Smash them up
- Apply on cleansed face
- Scare your friends and family while the goodness soaks into your skin for about 10 mins
- Rinse off, and voila.
Here’s the video tutorial… and you get to meet Mylo, the feisty barker😂🐶 !
3: Super Simple Aloe Mask
This one is so simple it needs no intro.
Honestly, though, I love this video tutorial by SBA because it includes some helpful information about the type of Aloe you should be using!
Here’s another INCREDIBLE DIY video tutorial for your beautiful face!
Don’t Forget About That Beautiful Body of Yours!
Read While You Soak
Don’t forget to beautify your heart and soul with this book about having a GORGEOUS attitude!
Let’s Talk About Your Hands!
Now that we’ve seen some uh-MAZ-ing tips to pamper our faces and bodies, let’s talk about your hands!
We don’t want to forget to pamper those important parts of you, since they work so hard for you!
Take a look at this DIY hand scrub by Skin Balm Apothecary.
DIY Hand Scrub
With all the extra hand washing going on these days, your beautiful hands deserve a little love!
So, you’re welcome. Here’s SBA’s instructions:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil, avocado oil, or another carrier oil that doesn’t solidly at room temp
- 10 drops lavender essential oil (optional)
- 1 mason jar or other glass container
- Combine sugar, olive oil, and lavender essential oil. Stir well to combine. Add more carrier oil, if necessary.
- To Use: Pour into hand or use a spoon to take a couple tablespoons. Gently rub into hands for 1 minute. Rinse with warm water and pat dry with a clean towel.
Alright! Now that you have a list of healthy, organic DIY Home Spa Day Tips and Ideas, I hope you enjoy every soak, swish and scent.
Don’t forget your Biblical Pregnancy Affirmations to pamper your heart while you enjoy that soak!
You deserve it, Mama!Let's Be Friends! Follow me on Insta, Facebook and Pinterest!
Let's Be Friends! Follow me on Insta, Facebook and Pinterest!